Cause and Effect
Team Undead Pixels
- Game Designer, Level Designer, Artist
- Pixel Artist, Animator
Players must navigate through the maze before time runs out, while picking up items to prevent their stats from dropping into the danger zone. If they do drop, the player's progress will be hindered.
How to Play
Arrow keys control character movement. When on an item, use space bar to pick it up. F1 brings up the help menu.
You'll notice three state meters in the top left corner of your screen. These three meters will slowly go down once the game starts and you will need to find their corresponding items in the maze to replenish their levels. Failure to replenish these meters results in the following negative effects...
- A - your controls will be reversed.
- B - time will decrease faster.
- I - the level will distort in random intervals making it extremely difficult to find your way.
Find the cheese to win the level!
- Navigating the maze can be a bit confusing as the background remains static regardless of what direction you're moving in. Keep an eye on your player as well to be sure you ARE actually moving somewhere.
- If you get stuck in the wall keep fiddling with the arrow keys to get you back on track in the maze path
Do you own an XBOX360?
Provided the team submits it, check in the "Creators Club Online" or the upcoming "Global Games Catalog". That was simple!
Super Heavy Install - Advanced XNA 2.0 Game
Game uses the XNA 2.0 content pipeline, which unfortunately has large dependencies.
Essentially, you need to install Microsoft's free XNA game development tools in order to run the game.
While a lot to ask, not only will you be able to play the 5 other XNA TOJam games,
but you you will be able to create your own XNA games afterward :)
- You must have either Visual Studio 2005 or Visual C# 2005 Express Edition installed.
The Express Edition is FREE to download and install. Grab it here.
I don't believe 2008 will work, and I'm unsure if Windows Vista is supported.
- Install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 2.0 (100 MB)
- Install DirectX 9.0c+ - XNA games need the absolute latest version. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
Graphics card needs to support DirectX 9.0c and Shared Model 1.1.
- Install Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or greater. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
- Download Game, Unzip and double click "CauseAndEffect.exe".
- You may need to install Microsoft's direct input package which allows you to use Xbox controllers on your PC.
Find your way around this vicious maze in the quest for cheese. It's not easy but perhaps with enough wine you'll make it. Good luck to you.