Cheese is WAR
2 Players Required. Topple the tower of cheese on top of your opponent to win.
How to Play
(left side of the screen)
- w, a, s, d - Move left / right ('a' and 'd') and raise / lower your cannon ('w' and 's')
- Left Ctrl - Fire your cannon
- Left Alt - Jump
(right side of the screen)
- up arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow - Move left / right ('left' and 'right' arrow keys) and raise / lower your cannon ('up' and 'down' arrow keys)
- Right Alt - Fire your cannon
- Right Ctrl - Jump
Alternatively Xbox 360 controllers can be used for gameplay. In this case left analog controls movement and rotation of your canon, 'x' will fire and 'a' jumps.
Try to topple the cheese tower on top of your opponent. Shooting your opponent directly has no effect.
- Keep an eye on where your opponent is shooting the cheese tower. If he's shooting high on the tower in an effort to topple it on top of you you may want to try shooting out the bottom of the tower.
- Each levels tower is structurally different and so it will topple at different sections. Be aware of this and look for the weaknesses of the tower on each level to get an advantage over your opponent.
Do you own an XBOX360?
Provided the team submits it, check in the "Creators Club Online" or the upcoming "Global Games Catalog". That was simple!
Super Heavy Install - Advanced XNA 2.0 Game
Game uses the XNA 2.0 content pipeline, which unfortunately has large dependencies.
Essentially, you need to install Microsoft's free XNA game development tools in order to run the game.
While a lot to ask, not only will you be able to play the 5 other XNA TOJam games,
but you you will be able to create your own XNA games afterward :)
- You must have either Visual Studio 2005 or Visual C# 2005 Express Edition installed.
The Express Edition is FREE to download and install. Grab it here.
I don't believe 2008 will work, and I'm unsure if Windows Vista is supported.
- Install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 2.0 (100 MB)
- Install DirectX 9.0c+ - XNA games need the absolute latest version. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
Graphics card needs to support DirectX 9.0c and Shared Model 1.1.
- Install Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or greater. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
- Download Game, Unzip and double click "CheesePhez.exe".
- You may need to install Microsoft's direct input package which allows you to use Xbox controllers on your PC.
This is a University of Toronto Dream Team - I defy you to find better students.
Andrei organizes the amazing GameCamp Toronto
- the last event attracted over 100 people.
Thuan organized the stellar UofT Game Making Deathmatch 2008
- which produced some great games.
TOJam #3 also produced "CheeseWars!", try not to confuse them. Cheese and War just seem to go together.
Our largest TOJam team of ALL time.
Team Simplex made some creative use of the Farseer physics engine
and our "cheese" theme for this year. Those towers of cheese are pretty impressive! The fact that each levels cheese tower reacts differently adds a nice aspect of strategy to this cheese fest.