2 Players Required. Epic Cheese Showdown. Collect more cheese than your opponent in the epic quest for more cheese and bragging rights about the fact that you have collected more cheese.
How to Play
Xbox 360 controller required
Player One (starts top left corner)
Xbox 360 controller
Player Two (starts bottom right corner)
Arrow keys - Move
Spacebar - Attack
Concentrate on parts of the map that have more cheese than others.
Do you own an XBOX360?
Provided the team submits it, check in the "Creators Club Online" or the upcoming "Global Games Catalog". That was simple!
Super Heavy Install - Advanced XNA 2.0 Game
Game uses the XNA 2.0 content pipeline, which unfortunately has large dependencies.
Essentially, you need to install Microsoft's free XNA game development tools in order to run the game.
While a lot to ask, not only will you be able to play the 5 other XNA TOJam games,
but you you will be able to create your own XNA games afterward :)
- You must have either Visual Studio 2005 or Visual C# 2005 Express Edition installed.
The Express Edition is FREE to download and install. Grab it here.
I don't believe 2008 will work, and I'm unsure if Windows Vista is supported.
- Install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 2.0 (100 MB)
- Install DirectX 9.0c+ - XNA games need the absolute latest version. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
Graphics card needs to support DirectX 9.0c and Shared Model 1.1.
- Install Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or greater. You probably have this thanks to MS Automatic Updates.
- Download Game, Unzip and double click "CheesePhez.exe".
- You may need to install Microsoft's direct input package which allows you to use Xbox controllers on your PC.
If you need walking animations on a tight deadline, call Suzen!
Where else will you get your fill for a goat battling against a bear in the quest for cheese. Nowhere I tells ya. Nowhere! Goat vs. Bear! Goat vs. Bear! Goat vs. Bear! Bear wins! I'm just saying... I like the bear.
Alas, I find the gameplay too basic and unfinished to recommend (despite the winning goat vs. bear angle :).
With a wee bit more work, our beloved Team Procrastinators might have a winner.
As it stands, they have a good start.