In less than 48 hours the doors will open for TOJam: Haters gonna eight but before you leave please take a moment to review the following reminders...
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO NOTE
* We accept paperless confirmations this year so save a tree and bring the confirmation on your smartphone instead.
* Unfortunately this year we have NO KITCHEN ACCESS so please meal plan accordingly. We do still have access to the microwaves.
* We will be enforcing a strict NO ALCOHOL policy at the jam, but you're a classy bunch of people so we expect no problems.
NO VISITORS DURING THE JAM
No friends or family visiting during TOJam please.
YOU CAN HELP US!
As always we need additional resources so if you have any of the following items email email@example.com to let us know, bring them to the jam, and don't forget to label them.
* Power bars - preferably 6+ sockets (3 pronged)
* Routers - Wireless or wired
* Ethernet cables
Saturday between 1 - 5.
ROOM TEMPERATURE AND ENVIRONMENT
Be prepared for fluctuations in room temperatures.
Our recommendation is LAYERS!
In the words of the illustrious Jim McGinley, "Be prepared to switch from a t-shirt to a long sleeve and vice versa... just don't switch that beautiful smile."
INTERNET 3-DAY FORECAST - WEAK WITH A CHANCE OF SPOTTY
We're asking all 450+ of you to minimize Internet use where possible.
Have your files ready and a physical storage device with you. Excessive downloading could shut down our internet access.
In the early days of TOJam, likely in the wee hours of the night, Jim wrote this
great checklist of things you should consider, so please consider it
POSSIBLE ROUTE CLOSURES
For those travelling to TOJam over the weekend please check these route closures that may cause you complications:
Maps of the marathon route: http://www.torontomarathon.com/races/race-maps.html
Road closures: They call out specific parts of King st being closed, but it doesn't mention the section of King st east where GBC is. Still, it's a safe bet the bulk of King st east will be shut down Sunday 8am - 11:30am.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org